Welcome...

You've reached the shared blog of Michael Mckay and Todd Frederick. Two friends who have worked together in ministry and labored in similar educational endeavors. Please join us as we consider the interaction of Christianity with modern culture...

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Food flow control diagram.

If you double click, it should open in a new window and you can read it. In an effort to control hungry teens, I have created a convenient diagram. They don't appreciate it, but it seems to have slowed the consumption of... everything.

5 comments:

  1. haha Todd that is great. I totally thought that you had made a flow chart about grey issues or meat sacrificed to idols or something tho (I just saw the eat or don't eat). That would be helpful too but probably not as useful around the house... unless your kids are thinking about starting smoking then it might some in handy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a last act of desperation. After you tell them a thousand times, you have to put it in writing and sign it with blood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd, that is clever and I can see it being very useful. I did notice that both options for, "is it close to meal times" lead to eating. Is that intentional?
    Andrew's comment makes me wonder if we can build a chart diagramming Rom 14 and see if it helps answer those tricky questions of stumbling block. That would be really fun to put together and may be a great teaching tool. Thanks for the idea Andrew.
    Hope you both and all other readers have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, if it's close to meal time, eat what's prepared for you. There are many contingencies covered by the 'ask a parent' section. Perhaps that line you refer to should bend toward asking a parent before eating. My kids (generally) get the picture and the chart helps direct their thinking.
    Good thoughts on Romans, I think it would be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m experiencing some small security issues with my latest blog, and I’d like to find something safer. Do you have any suggestions?
    safety course in chennai

    ReplyDelete