Welcome...

You've reached the shared blog of Michael Mckay and Todd Frederick. Two friends who have worked together in ministry and labored in similar educational endeavors. Please join us as we consider the interaction of Christianity with modern culture...

Saturday, July 3, 2010

The first post:

Staring at the blank screen, I turned to my friend Michael and asked, 'what do we say?' He replied, just talk about the brain child.... Why are we saying anything at all?
We have enjoyed challenging and encouraging each other over the course of diverse ministry and educational endeavors and this blog becomes an extension of that encouragement and challenge. Our intention is to dialogue with each other (and any wandering souls who happen by) over things we care about deeply. Our common faith in Jesus Christ, our endeavors to study and learn about Him and how that understanding influences our lives.
The name 'metachoi' comes from the Greek word used to describe the 'act of sharing or participating.' It also has the meaning of 'business partner or companion.' For us, it carries the idea of colleagues. Partners who work together toward common goals.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see this endeavor.

    I would suggest using Tumblr for your blog. That way you can integrate a Twitter account as well. (Twitter is where you can find a lot of conversations going on about the topics your blog is focused on)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your site by a search. I am taking college level classes online. I prefer to answer discussion questions before listening to watching the lesson on DVD. One problem is that I could not find the meaning for Metachoi in anything we were given for notes (The instructor likes for us to find things out for ourselves a lot and that is one of the reasons I like the classes).
    Your blog was the first I found on my search (though swagbucks) and I went to your very first blog and found my meaning. Thanks for your site. I am saving it for future reference.
    By the way I am on the 14 lesson of a 24 lesson class on the book of Luke.

    ReplyDelete